Advertising Age takes a look at what states saw increases in ad spending in September compared to August. Colorado saw the largest increase, while Wisconsin saw a large decrease.
• Colorado is red-hot, having seen a big surge (+394%) in political ad spending in September compared with August — which is particularly notable because in our last chart, when we looked at August compared with July, Colorado was cold (-38%).
• Last time North Carolina was red-hot (+166%); now it’s cooled off (+37%).
• Last time Wisconsin was hot (+110%); now it’s gone cold (-21%).
• Last time Virginia was cold (-50%); now it’s hot (+185%).
• Last time Michigan was cold (-66%); now it’s hot (+203%), thanks to a big surge in spending in the Detroit market.