Ron Paul has not been considered a serious candidate by the mainstream media, however he has become an internet sensation and proven a strong fundraiser.
Despite the lack of media attention, a recent Rasmussen survey had him third in the New Hampshire primary beating media darlings Fred Thompson and Rudy Guiliani.
Here is a collection of maps and links covering Ron Paul’s Presidential Primary Campaign.
Top 10 States by Campaign Contribution ($) from PoliticalBase.com as of September 2007:
- Texas – $674,313
- California – $669,472
- Florida – $268,789
- Washington – $163,382
- Illiois – $155,091
- New York – $130,703
- Pennsylvania – $117,529
- Georgia – $107,037
- New Jersey – $99,998
- Michigan – $96,062
New York Times Campaign Finance Map view where the money is coming from (last updated 9/2007)
New York Times Candidate Schedule Maptracking the candidates on the campaign trail
Also, check out Slate.com’s Map the Candidates
Compete.com’s If Clicks Equaled Votes – using web traffic to rank the candidates
From Compete.com Paul attracts the largest online following not only is his home state of Texas, but he also outdraws all of his rivals in their home states as well (Giuliani—New York; Huckabee—Arkansas; McCain—Arizona; Romney—Michigan and Massachusetts; and Thompson—Tennessee). This certainly runs counter to the notion that Paul’s support is localized to a few pockets (read: basements) around the country.
Paul also leads in friends on Digg.com
- Ron Paul for President – official campaign site
- Ron Paul Profile: (New York Times) (Washington Post) (wikipedia)
- Ron Paul’s Cyber-Campaign Slideshow – The Web Finds Its Man, and Takes Him for a Ride
- Rasmussen: Ron Paul Soars to 14% in NH
- Ron Paul Dropped from FOX’s NH Debate
- Ron Paul’s Record Online Haul
- Ron Paul is front-runner at fundraising
- Ron Paul fundraising numbers impressive
- The Internets Favorite Candidate
- Ron Paul Graphs and Analysis
- CS Monitor: An Absolute Faith in Free Markets and Less Government
- Daily Paul
- Exposing Ron Paul’s Social Media Manipulation