Mike Huckabee won the first Super Tuesday race and picked up all 18 delegates awarded at West Virginia’s state GOP convention. Mike Huckabee received 51.5% of the vote, Mitt Romney 47.4%, John McCain 1.1%, and Ron Paul 0%.
Mike Huckabee won the West Virginia Republican convention on the second ballot after John McCain backers threw their support to him…..
…. Romney led after the first round of voting, but he didn’t have enough support to win the state’s 18 delegates. After the first ballot, Romney had 41 percent, Huckabee had 33 percent, McCain had 15.5 percent, and Ron Paul had 10 percent, according to the Gazette.
via Political Intelligence
- Political Intelligence: Huckabee wins in West Virginia
- New York Times: West Virginia Nominating Contest Results
- Huckabee Wins All 18 W.Va. Delegates
- CNN: West Virginia Results
- Romney camp accuses McCain, Huckabee of shady W. Va. deal