- Pollster: Campaign ’08 Trends vs ’04 and ’00 Update polling trendlines for the 2008, 2004, and 2000 presidential election. Obama is in much better shape than Kerry or Gore were.
- New York Times: States’ Actions to Block Voters Appear Illegal Tens of thousands of eligible voters in at least six swing states have been removed from the rolls or have been blocked from registering in ways that appear to violate federal law, according to a review of state records and Social Security data by The New York Times MAP
- LA Times: John McCain still has Iowa on his mind — and his schedule John McCain’s seemingly odd obsession with Iowa remains unabated. But concerned Republicans might take heart from learning the McCain campaign insists it knows what it’s doing.
- Amazon.com: What Are We Reading? Track America’s Political Book Buying Map of political book purchases in 2004 and 2008 by state.
- FiveThirtyEight.com on Michigan: Why you don’t bluff If you act like you don’t care about somebody’s vote, you aren’t going to get it.
- Marc Ambinder: Obama Sends Big Guns to Florida The Obama campaign’s top two field generals have decamped to Florida, a sign of its confidence that the state, with 27 electoral votes, is tilting toward the Democratic candidate.
- First Read: Obama Buys 30 Mintutes of Prime Time The Obama camp is confirming they have bought bought 30 minutes of ad time in primetime Oct. 29 on CBS and NBC and Fox — if there’s no World Series game. They are still negotiating others.
- The Page: Alaska Court Upholds Troopergate Probe The report could prove to be an embarrassment for Palin and a distraction for John McCain’s presidential campaign in the final weeks of the race